Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Holy Grail Foundation

Hello lovelies,
today I wanted to talk about my favorite foundation, which I've been using since January for almost every day. and I have to say this is by far the best.

I am personally very impressed with double wear line from Estee Lauder, so far I tried their eye pencil, under eye concealer, cream eyeshadows. and one of my favorites from the line is Estee Lauder double wear and my color is Tawny.

It gives a medium to full coverage with matte finish and stays on my skin all day. even in humid summer days that we had these past weeks. I rarely use concealer with that since it covers everything perfectly. I heard from people that it dose not photographs well ( with flash & everything) but I had my photo taken at Estee Lauder counter and I think it was not bad at all.

Just some  important points to keep in mind:
It is a heavy foundation ; I only use 2 dots for all of my face ( yes really and it is enough) and if I use a lot it will show and looks cakey and bad; so be careful with that.  sometimes if I feel that it looks unnatural and heavy I use a wet sponge to blend them all in. 
It dry pretty fast, so I just do sides of my face one at a time in order to get it blend before drying. 
It does not come with a pump! which is bad but I heard the MAC pumps fit very well so if that is an issue for you it is fixable. 
If you have a very dry skin, before applying this foundation, moisturize very well!
I  love this product and highly recommend it specially for oily skins. so if your are looking for a good, long lasting foundation try this one, you won't be disappointed :)
Have a great day everyone,
Mania 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and you are right. This does photograph beautifully. i`m glad you found your perfect foundation. Finding the right base is very crucial and it takes some of us years to find the perfect one. I`m still searching. Will definitely test this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear for the comment, if you have EL counter ask for a sample of it, it is very good for hot summer days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drop by my blog. You have some awards waiting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mania joon what eye shadows are you wearing in your photo, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Parisa joon, thanks dear, they were all Estee Lauder products: cream eye-shadow as a base in MIDNIGHT KOHL, then edges blended with a mix of their duo in color "black moon" ( which was shimmery sliver & dark gray color)& the same was bought under my eyes. hope that was helpful:)

    ReplyDelete