Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pistachio Cake

I never baked a pistachio cake before and let me tell you that I was missing big time. this cake is no ordinary cake because of pistachio and almond. it has a unique texture to it. It is a dense cake,and it reminds me of those cake that you could get at "Au Pain Doré" or "Première Moisson" which are 2 of my favorite French bakeries.
For ground almond and pistachio, I got them as whole and ground them myself. just be careful they shouldn't be salted or anything; I get them from Costco. so now let's get to the baking:

Ingredients:
250g ( 1 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
225g ( 1cup) of sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 eggs
100g ( 1 cup) of ground almonds
100g (1 cup) of ground pistachio
50g (1/3 cup) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon  baking powder
pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan ( or any other shape pan you like).
Mix the butter and sugar until they get light and creamy. mix the lemon zest and vanilla extract. add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between.


now add the ground almond, ground pistachio, flour, baking powder and salt. mix everything well and pour the batter into your pan. 


Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove it from the oven and let it cool down.


I just loved this so much and I am sure if you try it you won't get disappointed.
Till next time :)

Mania

4 comments:

  1. oh my god...
    that seems to be delicious...
    everyday something new with Mania...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear Mania. How are you dear? I lost your weblog address because of my hard disk crashed and i totally forgot that i've found you in Juliet's weblog :)) so i went back there and now i copy the address to my google reader page not to lose it ever again :) so, happy New Year by a long delay :) I’m reading all the post i left and I’m enjoying it :) just wanted to know if i can have your id and add you to my FB friends list to be more in touch with a great lady like you  ...oh and if possible, please recommend me the latest light and nice novel you’ve read. i saw your "the girl with a dragon tattoo" post but i prefer something smaller :p be good and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @spring, thanks dear, your nice comments always make me smile :)
    @mamane khoshbakht aziz, wow long time no see dear :) thanks for reading you know that I am so happy to know amazing people like you through my blog :) I 'm not on FB dear( I know that's odd !) but I'm on twitter if you are my tweets uploading to the top right of my blog I think .I am reading russian winter now, it is good book and not long so I think you would like it too :) wish you a wonderful day dear, and happy that you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked this. Pistachios and almonds. What a divine combination.

    ReplyDelete