Thursday, March 10, 2011

Body Lotions & Moisturizers

I am one of those people that suffer from dry skin ( not my face , body area) and I think a lot people have that situation. unfortunately during winter times it gets worse since the air humidity is lower and if I do not take care of it sometimes I feel my skin will crack !! I am not happy with my skin in summer times either because of the sun.  So I used different body lotions, butters, oils in hopes of discovering the absolute best ones. This post is absolutely for every one since  every one can use softer skin :)
Here are some of them :) 

Most of things I tried were not moisturizing enough but for few years now I have a routine which works for my skin and here it is: 
Right after I take my shower ( before drying with towel) I put baby oil (or baby gel) all over and then put my towel and let it dry by itself. if I am in a hurry I just pat the towel to dry (not rub). I'll notice that my skin stays so moist and soft till the next day that I take a shower again. it is very simple and easy but the key point is to do it when your skin is completely wet so the oil kind of lock the moisture on your skin.
If you don't like the scent of baby oil ( even the scentless smells) here are some other suggestions that I tried and liked:


Body Shop Body Butter: all of the smells great; they have lots of scents for all the tastes. they are light and adsorbs very fast. 
Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk &Honey lotion: this is super light, absorbs very fast and smells yummy:)

Final comments: 
  • Always apply your moisturizer after shower when skin is still damp to lock in moisture.just to make sure to move somewhere safe to prevent slipping.
  • If you have dry skin you need to moisturize everyday not only when you wear skirt and tank tops ;)
  • If you moisturize your skin regularly, it will get better so make it a daily routine. 
  • Do not use hot water for your shower or baths since it strip oil and moisture out of your skin, if you have this habit; try to change it by making water less hot each time you shower and your body will get use to it. on the side note hot water also is bad for your hair so the last step before I step the shower I open cold water and stand there for few seconds ( cold water closes the hair cuticles which is very good for hair, as I heard).
Hope this was helpful to you; till next time,
Love,
Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment