Thursday, December 10, 2009

If I had to live my life again...

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner" by Tallulah Bankhead
I read this a few days ago, and since then I'm reviewing my past and thinking about my mistakes. some of them really seams stupid now but I'm sure back then they weren't. I'm not happy with my mistakes but I don't have any problem with them either because if they were not there at the time I'm not who I am now. nobody is perfect but I think a lot of things in my life happened when they suppose to happened. I don't feel behind schedule so I'm not sure I would make my mistakes sooner ! and I would not do some of them anymore ...

and here is the photo of the cake that I baked. it was "plum-peach-olive-oil-cake". the modification was :
1- I did not add plum at all , I did not had a good feeling about baked plum so I just skipped it

2- I add 1/2 cup walnuts and put it in food processor and add it with flour mixture to the cake.
3- next time I'll add a little more sugar because the cake does not taste sweet
4- I'll add more peach for the next time too.
in the recipe it was mentioned "light brown sugar", I only had one type of brown sugar ,I don't know if it's light or not , but the color of my cake is slightly darker compared to the picture on the website so I guess that not so light brown sugar combined with walnuts caused my cake to be darker.
and about the white sections around the peaches, it is because in the recipe it says mix the peaches with flour before putting it on top of the cake, so here is the baked flour plus peach juice around the them.
It is such a delicious cake and I loved it , I'll be baking more of those definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment