Thursday, June 9, 2011

Orange Almond Cake

Ok, you must figured out by now that I have an obsession with Almond in baking. I just love love love it in all forms like ground almond or paste or essence. it add a special taste so I try almost any recipe that I come across and has some sort of almond in it. this was one of them. this is a gluten-free cake also. I made this to our weekly group meeting and everyone was going crazy over this cake. so it must be pretty good ;)
now let's get to the recipe :
Ingredients :
2 large oranges which have been boiled
6 eggs, lightly beaten
250 gr of ground almonds
250 gr of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Comment:I boiled the oranges the night before and allowed them to cool overnight before I prepared the cake the next day
Boil the oranges, covered with water in saucepan for 2 hours.

Fist thing first put the oven at 350 F and grease your pan. I used a regular 9 inch round pan.
let the oranges cool ( or do the same as I mentioned in comment up there).once they cooled, cut them and remove any pips and chop into rough pieces, including the rind.
put the orange pieces in a food processor and press its bottom 2-3 times then add the eggs and mix them well together again with food processor. 
Mix the ground almonds, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and add the orange mixture to the bowl and mix all together.Pour the batter in your pan and bake for 45 mins to 1 hour.
Once cooled turn it out on a cake rack and dust with icing sugar.
Enjoy!
Mania


No comments:

Post a Comment