Monday, February 21, 2011

Clinique Review: Even Better makeup &Moisture sheer tint



Here is another review for 2 Clinique products. let's start with the foundation:
1-Clinique even better makeup SPF15
I got this products last spring from a Clinique counter; I asked the sales lady for something that could give me medium coverage but still light in texture so I could wear it daily even in the summer. and she recommended this product to me.so let's start with positive points:
It gives medium to full coverage and feels light; does not look greasy or cakey ( good for hot summer weather) . on the package it does not say "oil-free" but on its online description it is expressed as so.  It is reasonably priced for a non-drugstore brand product. 

Even though she tested different colors on my skin,the foundation makes my face look pink, so when i went back to the store I noticed that lighting there is quite yellow so that's why I did not notice then. during that time I was using the 3-step Clinique face routine for acne and I experienced very bad breakouts on my skin, so I stopped using the foundation. I start using it last month but my skin is fine so now the only problem I have with it is the color. It is claimed that through continuous wear  there is a noticeable difference in your skin tone; which I did not experienced. 

Would I repurchase it ? No because I think there are so many others that I would like to try. 
Would I recommend this? Yes, but be careful with the color :)


2-Clinique moisture sheer tint SPF15
This is a tinted moisturizer which is basically an oil-free cream-gel moisturizer with light beige color (perfect for summer time). I think they come in 2 colors ( very limited color range) ; the other one is more for fair skin tones. It is a very light moisturizer, so I don't think it would be good for dry skins; even if you have dry spots due to acne or anything else it emphasize them so avoid those areas. for oily skin it gives a matte finish which turns to shinny as day progress.It is just a tint so it only even outs the skin, without coverage. Still the color is not perfect for me because it has little pink undertone.

Would I repurchase it ? No because honestly I tried better tinted moisturizers.
Would I recommend this? No, unless you have perfect and oily skin with pink undertones.which I think you could get away with a nice and light moisturizer ( with SPF) and light face powder; still this is not necessary.

 

These 2 products kind of go into the "miss category" from Clinique.  Hope this was helpful :)
Love,
Mania 

1 comment:

  1. My mum has good skin. So I just briefly took one of her SKII to use, which I assume is a moisturizer. It's good man I tell you! She gave me a small bottle of eye cream before but the effects weren't that great and I stopped using. But my mum's eye cream is good! I can feel it reacting once I applied it

    ReplyDelete